I’m one of those people who like to (sometimes) add flavor or texture to food, like ketchup (which I should not eat) or mayonnaise (which I also don’t want to eat). So I researched and found this cream cheese. I tested it this week and everyone in my house loved it! It is healthy, gives great flavor to the food and gather the food like mayonnaise in a Russian salad. Keep reading!
Obviously, this cream doesn’t taste like cheese, but it is great to spread on bread or on top of you veggies! This recipe yields around 500 grams.
You will need:
- 4 potatoes (about 200 grams);
- 2 carrots;
- 120 ml of water;
- 70 ml of olive oil;
- 1 teaspoon of salt (I used flower of salt or Fleur de sel, with herbs);
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice;
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder;
- 2 tablespoons of Brewer’s yeast;
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Cook the potatoes and carrots for 10 minutes (until well cooked). When cooked, cut into small pieces and put them in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients. It will be ready when you get a creamy mixture.
Store in refrigerator for 4 days.