These courgettes were an invention of my mother that came out too well not to share! So easy, with a different look and to vary, tasty 🙂 Do not forget that in this dish we have everything we need: protein, fiber, vitamins, carbs, etc. Let’s peek? Continue reading 😉
Nutritional information of quinoa:
- One of the best sources of vegetable protein: in 100 grams of quinoa, 12 grams are protein;
- Source of fats (good ones): in every 100 grams, 6.1 are lipids. The fats present are omega-3 and omega-6, which help in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases;
- It is the grain that have the highest iron content: in 100 grams it has 10.9 grams of iron. This (vegetable) iron is not easily absorbed by our organism, however, just consume citrus fruits to increase absorption 🙂
- It has 66 grams of calcium per 100 grams of quinoa;
- In addition to containing vitamins C and E (which are antioxidants and anti-inflammatories) also have several B vitamins: B1, B2, B3 and B6;
- It has 8 grams of zinc per 100 grams of quinoa, this nutrient is important for strengthening the immune system and improving healing.
You will need (serves 4):
- 4 courgettes;
- 2 carrots;
- tricolor quinoa;
- herbs (oreganos, chives, coriander);
- sesame seeds (optional);
- soy sauce (optional);
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
Wash the quinoa well! Let it soak for about 2 minutes and then rinse. Cook it like rice, nothing different 🙂
While the quinoa bakes, cut the carrot to the cubes and braise it with onion and garlic. Add corn, herbs, pepper and salt. Do not let it cook completely because it still goes into the oven. Wash the courgettes, cut each one in halfs and remove the content. We decided to freeze the content to use in a soup, in the future. When the quinoa is cooked, mix it in the vegetables, place in the courgettes, sprinkle with sesame seeds and put them in the oven, in a tray. Let it cook for about 20 minutes.
P.S. Put a little of water in the baking tray, it will form steam, it will keep the courgettes moist 😉
Done! As you can see from the photo, we accompanied the courgettes with a salad of spinach, chinese cabbage and cherry tomatoes ♡